Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Interpretaion Colossians 2;12-17 by Iris

I notice a contrast here similar to the beginning of this letter where it was
Because of the laid up for YOU,
Since the day YOU heard of it
Just as you learned
In chapter one
To buried with HIM in baptism
Raised up with HIM
Made you alive with HIM
In chapter 2
Shows a definite shift in focus
It's the work of Christ and the workings of God that are talked about in this chapter

Phrases like raised up, canceled out, taken it out, and triumphed over make it clear that regeneration is the work of God.

No one else had the power to cancel the debt we owe but God thru Christ Jesus.

Since God did all for our salvation, why would we allow anyone to place us back into slavery in respect to old customs and old ways. We have been freed from those things.

2 Cor. 5:17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.


.

1 comment:

  1. Iris, you said above:
    " Since God did all for our salvation, why would we allow anyone to place us back into slavery in respect to old customs and old ways. We have been freed from those things. "

    I find my heart worshiping Him with this statement. Why, indeed! I do this. I find myself agreeing with the lies of Satan who whispers that I am not free. That I still owe a debt to God. And then I am back in bondage.

    This is a lie. I am free in Christ. Christ is who did all to save me! Praise Him ! And may those who are His walk free of sin and bondage all the day giving praise and thanksgiving to Christ, our hope.

    ReplyDelete